Dementia Friendly Prestwick - The Prestwick Picturehouse
This is a community cinema for everyone.
Our screenings are dementia friendly, and accessible. The room isn’t as dark as a traditional cinema, the sound isn’t as loud, and tea, coffee, and cakes are available throughout the film.
It’s ok to make a bit of noise, visit the bathroom (which is wheelchair friendly) and stretch your legs – this is a relaxed screening.
The films start at 1pm, and the doors open at 12.30pm for refreshments and to get comfy.We hope to welcome you soon.
- Venue: Prestwick Community Centre
- Price: Free plus free refreshments
- Price Includes: Tea/coffee/cake and usually ice cream too. It's the cinema after all!
- Advanced Booking Required: No
- Age Range: All ages welcome
- Frequency: The fourth Friday of the month
- Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible/Parking/Subtitles on films
- Transport Info: There is a large accessible car park at the community centre, which is situated one street behind Prestwick Main Street
- Joining / Referral Method: Self Referral