Recent research shows that speaking a foreign language can postpone the effects of dementia by up to 5 years.
Lingo Flamingo therefore provide tailored outreach language workshops to older adults delaying the effects of dementia by keeping older adults' brains fit and active.
In our classes we incorporate memory tips throughout to assist with our learners remembering new vocabulary. We teach by evoking different senses, we therefore include exercises with music, touch, scent, feel, and taste to make language learning fun and accessible for all.
We do outreach projects across South Ayrshire. We provide lessons in community halls, cafes, day centres and care homes so if you fancy having some lingo lessons then please get in touch.
- Venue: No set venue, we deliver from community buildings
- Price: £400 for a 10 week block, one hour per week
- Price Includes: Price includes specifically designed workbooks, all teaching props and materials and developed lesson plans.
- Advanced Booking Required: Yes
- Age Range: 65+
- Frequency: Arranged to fit the needs of older adults
- Accessibility: Depends on the venue
- Transport Info:
- Joining / Referral Method: Self Referral